24.12.13

Gingerbread House Gone Wrong

Christmas really is my favorite holiday so my sisters and I really like to do "christmasy" things.
We started to make gingerbread houses recently.
It snowed so roads were icy, making us go to WalGreens to buy a gingerbread house kit.
Yeahh.. we buy the kits instead of trying to build our own and whatnot.



I tried to take a picture of it snowing but the camera wouldn't show the little flakes. Ended up being like.. 3 inches of snow?

My lovely little cousins were going to join us this year which makes me so haappyyy!
They're so cuuuteee and loveable!


Ignore my sisters to the right. 



 Wasn't much to choose from. We wanted to buy the kit from Target because they had the premade built house already. Everything already assembled, just had to decorate it.

Little did we know how difficult this year was going to be.


We chose this little guy. Only $10.



Man, it didn't even come with gum drops. What kind of gingerbread house has no gumdrops?


Okee, so the icing that came with the kit was grody. It felt grainy and old. The picture shows the house assembled, only held up like that for some seconds. So we had to resort to something else... hot glue. Who cares? It's not like we weren't going to eat it right? Hot glue solves everything!


 But we were wrong. Hot glue DID NOT HELP. It was so frustrating.. you have no idea. I thought the glue would be the savior of the night. NOPE.


I must admit, the candy did make the house look somewhat better. The colors were a nice mixture. 

Expectation of the night:


Reality:


Ooohhhh the disappointment. It was only fun because of my cousins. Oh well!!! Never again, Wal Greens, never again.

Just a short post! Will soon be posting up What I Got for Christmas. 

Good night and have a Merry Christmas~


No comments:

Post a Comment